header

AngliaSaloonEstateVanPick UpTorinoConvertibleKit CarsSpecials
AdvertsArticlesBooksBuyingForgottenHistoryLegalLinksMisc Items
ModelsMoviesMy CarPhotosPoliceRacingSite NewsStoriesTechnical

You are in:

Technical
Service
Letter No 70

Passenger Car Service Letter - 1963 Series - No 70


Anglia Range
(Export)
8th July 1963

Drive Shafts

anglia New "Anglia" Saloon and Estate Cars

The type of drive shaft now being introduced in production incorporates universal joints that are sealed and therefore require no lubrication at normal servicing intervals. Approximately 25% of the drive shafts fitted in production have this type of universal joint and the other 75% have universal joints which require lubrication.

Both types of shaft are completely interchangeable with one another and are described below:-

1. A shaft with universal joints which are not provided with grease lubricators as they are sealed and do not require lubrication in service. This type of shaft does not have an extension housing shroud incorporated at the gearbox end.

2. A shaft with universal joints which require lubrication at 1,000 mile (1,600 km) intervals. This type of shaft has been fitted since the introduction of the range but no longer has the extension housing shroud incorporated at the gearbox end.

Shown below is a list of the part numbers for the drive shafts that are fitted to the various models in the Anglia range.

  Drive Shaft with Universal Joints which require Lubrication Drive Shafts with Sealed Universal Joints
997cc "Anglia" and 5 / 7 cwt Van .. .. .. .. .. 105E-4602-A 105E-4602-B
1200cc "Anglia" .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. 123E-4602-A 123E-4602-B

service letter

A copy of Service Letter No 70 can be downloaded below

download

( Copyright)

Top